Senior Associate and Regional Director for Central and Eastern Europe Programs
Robert Benjamin is a senior associate and the regional director of Central and Eastern Europe programs. In this latter role, he oversees in-country and regional programs in legislative strengthening, political party development, civil society development, election processes, and women, youth and ethnic minority political participation. He has also contributed to democracy programs in Asia, Latin America, North Africa and West Africa. Mr. Benjamin has worked at NDI since 1993. He holds a B.A. from Princeton University and an M.A. from the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS).
Selected writings and statements by Mr. Benjamin:
- Albania’s Elections and the Challenge of Democratic Transition, testimony before the Helsinki Commission, June 1, 2011
- Remarks In the Assembly of Kosovo on the Occasion of International Democracy Day , speech, September 15, 2010
- Regional Politics: Political Transition and Institution Building, speech, May 10, 2010
- Albania’s Elections and the Challenge of Democratic Transition, testimony before the Helsinki Commission, June 4, 2009
- Remarks at the 2008 Annual Conference of the International Centre for Democratic Transition, speech, November 1, 2008