Key Considerations: Standards for Implementation
Last updated on December 17, 2013
For Implementing Bodies
- How broad is participation by recognized technical institutions in the process for defining national standards for implementation of electronic and voting technologies?
- Has an expert committee been established to help define the national standards?
- To what extent have international/regional standards been considered in the development of national standards?
- Do the national standards consider technical features that must be complied with?
- Has consensus been achieved among experts on the defined standards?
- Have the experiences of other countries been considered in the development of national standards?
For Oversight Actors
- How transparent and inclusive is the process of defining national standards for electronic technologies? For example, are technical institutions/experts involved, and are public consultations held with civil society, political actors and voters?
- To what extent do the national standards comply with have international and regional principles, and standards, and best practices been considered in the development of national standards?
- To what extent have existing national technical requirements been taken into account?