Senator Daschle is the Founder and CEO of The Daschle Group, A Public Policy Advisory of Baker Donelson. Senator Daschle served his home state, South Dakota, in the Senate from 1987 to 2005. He is the only senator to have served twice as both Majority and Minority Leader. In addition, Senator Daschle is Chair of the Board of Directors at the Center for American Progress, Vice-Chair for the National Democratic Institute and a co-founder of the Bipartisan Policy Center. He is the author of Like No Other Time: The 107th Congress and the Two Years That Changed America Forever, Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis; Getting It Done: How Obama and Congress Finally Broke the Stalemate to Make Way for Health Care Reform and U.S. Senate: Fundamentals of American Government.
Selected writings and statements from Mr. Daschle:
- Ukraine Can’t Survive On Its Own, Politico, July 20, 2015
- Daschle stresses the importance of democratic institutions in the Middle East, MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Feb. 3, 2011
- Could Kyrgyzstan be the Democracy in Afghanistan's Back Yard?, Washington Post, Sept. 18, 2010
- Don't Forget the World's Food Gap, Politico, Feb. 16, 2010
- Statement Before the House Oversight Reform Committee on National Security and Foreign Affairs, congressional testimony, Dec. 20, 2007
- The Need for Reconciliation is Immediate, statement made in Kathmandu, Nepal, July 27, 2005